Thursday, April 13, 2006

Google Calendars missing feature

I am not much of a calendar user. Yes, I always liked the idea of scheduling and yes, I did make a couple of attempts at using various calendar apps over the years, but... the most I do typically is circle a day on the fridge paper calendar at home or email myself reminders in the office.

Hopefully that's because I use wrong types of calendars. May be what I need is the new Google Calendars feature.

It looks and feels great, I like it. But I think there is an immediate problem with it -- there seems to be no way to say "this event repeats every {{period}}". Which is especially strange with their default suggestion of "Mom's birthday" for the entry field.

Am I stupid and simply can't find it, or is it truly not there?

And if it does not show up in a condensed way somewhere on the gmail screen -- I'll probably end up forgetting all about this new calendar app as well...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's there. Just click on the date when viewing an appointment. When adding, click the "edit event details" link

April 13, 2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanx... I can swear I tried precisely that and there was no "Repeats:" option.

Either I have more tunnelled vision than I thought or Google people have just added it. In which case it's cool beyond belief :)

This guy did not find it either it looks: Finally, Google Calendar

April 13, 2006 12:22 PM  
Blogger edpaffjr said...

I found the manual way to do it. What I was trying to get at was that 30 Boxes automatically will repeat the birthday yearly using the quick add. In addition to that if you enter the year they were born, then their age gets displayed with the birthday as well. Overall google is much better though, stick with it!

April 13, 2006 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home